Respiratory & Cough Support
Respiratory Blend Oxymel – 4oz Bottle
The name oxymel is derived from the Latin, oxy meaning “acid” and mel meaning “honey.” Believed to be a cure-all tonic used by the ancient Greeks and Romans, like many concoctions, it has its origins in medicine.
- Mullein – Known as the lung-boosting plant and a keystone of traditional medicine. It has a soothing effect on bronchioles. It’s traditionally used for its ability to promote the discharge of mucus (mucus-expelling) & soothe mucus membranes. Mullein is known for helping support the following: cough, whooping cough, fever, bronchitis, hoarseness, pneumonia, earaches, colds, flu, allergies, tonsillitis, sore throat, asthma, migraines, & joint pain. May provide digestive support.
- Wild Cherry Bark – This ingredient of often used for respiratory support like coughs, whopping cough, bronchitis, pain, digestive issues, etc. and acts as a cough expectorant with drying (astringent) effects of mucus. May help suppress the spasmodic aspects of a mild asthma attack & reduce swelling (inflammation). May be useful for relieving unproductive, irritating coughs that linger after the initial infection has cleared up.
- Elecampane Root – Soothing herb with a long history of use in the reduction of coughs and respiratory-related conditions associated with conditions like asthma, bronchitis, & whooping cough. It’s known to be an expectorant to help loosen phlegm. Antimicrobial agent to help alleviate respiratory issues. Its active compounds include anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants. Studies show that paired with other respiratory supporting herbs, this may reduce the severity & duration of coughs. Sooths the irritation & inflammation that results from coughing.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – Many refer to ACV & honey as a “miracle cure” for coughs & even flu symptoms. ACV is a popular home remedy used for a myriad of reasons and is rich in potassium, vitamin C, antioxidants, and vitamin E. It’s known to help kill pathogens, including bacteria, yeast, & fungal infections. It’s known to help support the body through fevers, viruses, respiratory needs, heart health, skin health, & more due to its antimicrobial and antioxidant effects.
- Local Raw Honey – Rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antibacterial properties, antifungal properties, natural probiotics, & is an antioxidant powerhouse. Raw honey may be helpful for reducing the frequency & severity of coughs, supporting upper respiratory tract infections, soothing sore throats, & aiding in digestive health.
Best ways to use:
- Take a Spoonful or a few drops under your tongue
- Add a splash to hot water for a soothing tea
- Add to sparkling water for a refreshing cool drink
**This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. You may wish to consult with your healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medications.**